- 1/2 lb BKK turmeric (if you are getting it in your GGF box it will be the whole clamshell)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (it’s easier to warm it until liquified)
- 3 tsp black pepper (just normal organic black pepper is fine)
- Appliances needed for this recipe: Blender
Add all of your ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until emulsified. I add my turmeric paste to mason jar and close tightly. This paste should hold in the refrigerator for a month. Take 1-3 teapoons once or twice per day.
Tips from Tawna: BKK is an incredibly powerful variety of turmeric having 2-3 times more curcumin than conventional varieties. There are many ways to use this paste from culinary purposes to purely medicinal purposes. One of the reasons I like to make it into a paste is because as a lot of you may know this is a very oily turmeric so it can take a little longer in the clean up department. It is also very convenient to have it ready to go with the black pepper & coconut oil. (Black pepper & fat help assist the body in absorbing some of the medicinal properties)
- Add to rice, curries, soups and any other dishes to give your meal a beautiful color along with feeding your health.
- Add to smoothies
- Add to hot water for a simple tea
- And last but not least you can just eat a spoonful or two a day and wash it down with water.